Hello lovely readers! I hope you have all had an amazing weekend. Although I have spent the whole weekend working it has been a pretty good one for me. I’ve spent my down time just relaxing and chilling out with my lovely hubby to be.
I also want to say a huge thank you to Sarah over at Welsh Girl Eats for her fab guest post. If you haven’t seen it yet then please check it out! There are some great tips for eating healthy when you are busy bee, which is something that I can relate to right now.
This week I decided to just do a 5 day work out week. My Body Pump class was fully booked on both occasions this week so no awesome weight lifting class for me this week. I did manage to still get in some great strength workouts though with a modified version of some of the NROLW strength routines.
Monday: 30 minute of speed intervals on the treadmill, bike and step machine, strength workout 1 and 5 minute cool down on the step machine.
Tuesday: 30 minute hill climb on the cross trainer and a 10 minute session of high intensity intervals on the bike followed by 200 ab crunches (8 different exercises of 25 reps each)
Wednesday: 15 minute warm up on the bike, strength workout 2 and 5 minute cool down on the adaptive motion trainer
Thursday: 5K of speed intervals on the treadmill, 10 minutes of intervals on the step machine followed by 200 ab crunches (8 different exercises of 25 reps each)
Friday: Yoga for runner’s and core yoga podcasts from
I’ve also been eating some pretty tasty eats this week too. My favourite eats of the week include:
1. Toasted wholemeal sourdough bread topped with raspberry jam and Justin’s dark choc and hazelnut butter
2. Fresh grapes cherries and a chopped banana in rice milk. Loving my cherries to snack on through the day right now!
3. Kamut pasta spirals with my , mushrooms and spinach…yum!
4. Lemon sponge cake with honeycomb hot chocolate at the Christian Union’s acoustic night. Such a great atmosphere, great music and great cake! 😀
5. Green smoothie snack of spinach, apple, ginger and cucumber.
6. mixed with with a chopped banana, rice milk and white chocolate wonderful…delish!
7. Baked salmon on top of Clearspring soba noodles with stir fried mange tout, baby corn, mushrooms and red peppers in a sauce made using soy sauce, rice vinegar and ginger.
8. A salad made using kale massaged with avocado and lemon juice with tomatoes, barrel aged feta cheese, peppers, cucumber and the addition of hummus.
9. Snack plate of a chopped pink lady apple, a pear, Justin’s nut chocolate and hazel nut butter and St. Dalfour black cherry jam for dipping along with some dried berries and cajun spiced beans.
It has been such a great week of eats that I cannot wait to see what next week brings! Is it strange that I get so excited about food? I don’t care cos’ I love to eat and really enjoying fresh, wholesome and nutrition food right now with the odd treat thrown in. I have a post coming up soon about my current eating habits and current thoughts on my diet so watch this space.
Whilst doing the grocery shop on Friday night after work I picked up some new goodies to try out that caught my eye as I was bull-dozing my way through the aisles with my shopping trolley…
I’ve been snacking on these dried berries and cherries and cajun style beans at work all weekend. I’m totally addicted to them already. The beans come in other flavours too which I a definitely going to buy on my next grocery shop…love them!
I saw some of you tweeting about the new Alpro Almond milk last week so I knew that I had to hunt it down. Also, standing right on the shelf next to it was the brand new Kara Coconut chocolate and calcium milk. I just to had to have that too! I cannot wait to try these and see how they compare to the original versions of milk from the same brand.
I get so excited about new foods to try. I’m current browsing those aisles again and eyeing up some raw crackers and kelp noodles at the moment. I’m just one click away fromm foodie heaven!
Have you found any delicious new foods to try recently?
When you do find new foods to try do you have to buy it there and then or can it wait till next time? I’m absolutely hopeless with this one!